Brewed in August: Better Mobile Interface, Improved Performance & More!

August was a busy month for us. In fact, we were so busy that we didn't even have the time to blog about what we worked on! This post will give you the low down on what we brewed in August.

Better Mobile Interface

We improved the mobile interface by switching a better navigation menu and making several improvements to the layout and design. A lot of users had reported locked scroll and blank pages on Android (Chrome) and we fixed those issues as well.

Faster Hardware for Improved Performance & Reliability

While we try our best to keep things running smoothly, in July we had some service issues. To make sure that these incidents don't repeat, we spent a lot of time in August upgrading our hardware and deploying better monitoring. We moved to a much more powerful server (128GB RAM, SSD) for our primary database and upgraded some other servers as well. We also started using New Relic more extensively to monitor performance. Please follow us on Twitter where we post about any service issues or maintenance windows.

Apart from these big changes, we made some small improvements to managing snippets and fixed some other bugs. We also spent some time hiring a new team member and we'll introduce him to you in a blog post soon. In the meantime, keep sending us your feedback. Have a great September!

Hana Mohan

Hana Mohan